A program fault has been recorded in the log
Home arrow Forum

Remository Forum

catalyst

download in front-end leads to blank page - 2010/02/03 20:13 I'm working with Remository and Joomla!
Everything was running smoothly for a couple months. 2 days ago downloading from front-end suddenl stopped working and leads to blank page in firefox. Chrome shows message Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): Unknown error.

download and upload from back-end are fine.

Any clues? PLEASE!
  | | Sorry, you do not currently have permission to write here.
Rufus

Re:download in front-end leads to blank page - 2010/02/06 21:06 For me it is the same for one site. For another site everything is still fine.
Both sites are Joomla 1.5.15. The site with error had Remository 3.52.6J, I updated it to 3.52.8J but the error is still there. On the other hand, the site without error is 3.52J.
Any idea what might cause this?
camerata

Re:download in front-end leads to blank page - 2010/02/08 06:33 I would like to use Remository in Jommla but I have same problem.

All was ok some days but now front-end downloads don't work (local and remote). I can download from back-end but no front-end. It shows a blank page (license page is not showed) in Firefox, IExplorer & Safari.

Please help.
admin

Re:download in front-end leads to blank page - 2010/02/11 14:14 If you get a completely blank page, that indicates some kind of fatal error. Normally there is an error message somewhere. Where it will turn up depends on the configuration of your server. One possibility is the web server error log. It would be a lot easier to deal with this issue if the error message can be found.

An alternative approach, if you have control over your php.ini, would be to turn on display of errors for a while so that they became visible in the browser.

Post edited by: admin, at: 2010/02/11 14:15
Martin Brampton aka Counterpoint
http://aliro.org
http://black-sheep-research.com
camerata

Re:download in front-end leads to blank page - 2010/02/12 01:25 Thanks for your reply. I will try to resume the issue.

No, I don't get a completely blank page. Firefox 3.6 tries to download index.php as blank page. IExplorer shows an error like a non existent page. Opera says the connection was lost.

This issue is the same with error display on/off.

The server activity log has not information about this because the problem seems to be before the server process. All activity is logged but there is not information about like
index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=32&func=startdown&id=1

But I do download from administrator back-end like
/administrator/index3.php?option=com_remository&act=download&id=1

Errors but no messages.

Any idea?
Thanks.
taubenhaucher

Re:download in front-end leads to blank page - 2010/02/18 18:22 I have got the same problem as the first poster in this thread:
on Joomla 1.5.15 (SEF is on) with remository 3.52.8 on a hosteurope.de-server i had no problems since a few days.
Now every downloadlink from frontend leads to a blank page in firefox, in IE there is an errorpage which says sth. like "website can not be found".

Totally clueless about this error I am looking for a solution - its the site of a quite big NGO, which suffers from this error ...

Any help?
thanks in advance

Werner
admin

Re:download in front-end leads to blank page - 2010/02/19 04:55 Do you have any information about what happened a few days ago? Did something change on the web server? Martin Brampton aka Counterpoint
admin

Re:download in front-end leads to blank page - 2010/02/19 10:51 This looks to be a fault in PHP 5.2.12 so far as I can see. The following details the problem as seen at one particular site:

As installed on your site, PHP is failing on the get_defined_constants function when the optional boolean parameter is set to true. What should happen is that the function returns an array of arrays, with the top level splitting the types of symbol definition between user and system. This has worked with other PHP releases, but appears to fail, at least in your environment. It should be reported as a PHP bug, but I cannot do that because it may involve questions about your hosting environment. I have created the simple test file symtest.php as shown below. You can invoke it by going to http://www.*****.***/symtest.php where you will see that PHP fails (indicated by the apparent download of the PHP script). I have also fixed Remository by not using the categorize option, although this is much less efficient. But there seems no alternative while PHP behaves this way. I will also post this in the forum, with details of the fix I have applied.

Code:

<?php define ('MY_SYMBOL''Something or other'); $test get_defined_constants(true); var_dump($test);

The workaround is to modify the file ~/components/com_remository/remository.html.php at around lines 463 to 466 where you should find:

Code:

protected function translateDefinitions ($string) {         $translators get_defined_constants(true);         return str_replace(array_keys($translators['user']), array_values($translators['user']), $string);     }

Change it to:

Code:

protected function translateDefinitions ($string) {         $translators get_defined_constants();         return str_replace(array_keys($translators), array_values($translators), $string);     }

Martin Brampton aka Counterpoint
taubenhaucher

Re:download in front-end leads to blank page - 2010/02/19 18:43 admin wrote:
The workaround is to modify the file ~/components/com_remository/remository.html.php at around lines 463 to 466 where you should find:

I thank you so much for this quick workaround, which solved the problem for me.

Thank you!

Werner
camerata

Re:download in front-end leads to blank page - 2010/02/20 23:41 Thank-you for your assistance. It's working fine for me.
Rufus

Re:download in front-end leads to blank page - 2010/02/25 14:10 @admin: Thank you for your help! The extension now works fine again.
hele

Re:download in front-end leads to blank page - 2013/08/08 14:19 Thanks a lot, helped me, to solve very quickly this error!

Save FM Radio

Login

Subscribe to Premium Support

Get priority support for Remository and Glossary, sign up now for a Premium Support monthly subscription:

Your Remository user name

Or purchase a year's support:

Your Remository user name