I need experts to solve my problem. Customer Service cannot help with such problem since they don't deal with application-based errors.
I have a dedicated server on GoDaddy, with the following: OPERATINGSYSTEM=CentOS 5 x64 Server: Localhost via UNIX socket Server version: 5.1.61 Protocol version: 10 MySQL charset: UTF8_general_ci MySQL client version: 4.1.22 phpMyAdmin version: 3.4.9 Apache: 2.2.22 PHP: 5.3.10 --> GD, Gettext, Mbstring are all enabled.
I need your urgent help please.
Currently, I exhausted all possible solutions from online documentations and discussions, suggestions, all possible solutions for such a tiny problem with encoding, but all are unsuccessful.
Problem: ====== Any Arabic font text I enter from the client side it changes automatically to question marks (??????).
Funny enough that when I go then to phpmyadmin and I see the new article saved as ????? in the contents table, I edit it manually to the Arabic text (from within phpmyadmin) and I save it, it works successfully on my Joomla end. In other word, I can see phpMyAdmin has no problem with charset since I can manually enter Arabic text and save it. But when the Arabic text comes from client side (Joomla or WordPress), the encoding from there gets corrupted.
However, I can see the source of the problem starting when I first install Joomla I get:
MB Language is Default No PHP mbstring language is not set to neutral. This can be set locally by entering*php_value mbstring.language neutral* in your ..htaccess file.
This above error of joomla installation is missing seeing the correct language. Well, PHP has a "Constitution" file (php.ini) that can parse what is required in the client side. Unfortunately, even when adding the required language value, it cannot see it.
When I add the .htaccess file to the public_html directory of my domain account, and I add the line required for MB (*php_value mbstring.language neutral*), I get the 500 Internal Server Error. I checked the php-mbstring and it is already installed (yum install php-mbstring).
Further, I summarise below the actions I did with no luck:
1. I made sure that the database and phpmyadmin are both in the correct charset that supports Arabic language (UTF8).
2. I added the necessary code to the main php.ini under /etc/php.ini as follows [mbstring] mbstring.language = Neutral mbstring.internal_encoding = UTF-8 mbstring.http_input = UTF-8 mbstring.http_output = UTF-8 mbstring.encoding_translation = On mbstring.detect_order = auto mbstring.substitute_character = long
3. I added the following to httpd.conf file and I got the 500 Internal Server Error: php_value mbstring.language = Neutral ; Set default language to Neutral(UTF-8) (default) php_value mbstring.internal_encoding = UTF-8 ; Set default internal encoding to UTF-8 php_value mbstring.encoding_translation = On ; HTTP input encoding translation is enabled php_value mbstring.http_input = auto ; Set HTTP input character set dectection to auto php_value mbstring.http_output = UTF-8 ; Set HTTP output encoding to UTF-8 php_value mbstring.detect_order = auto ; Set default character encoding detection order to auto php_value mbstring.substitute_character = none ; Do not print invalid characters php_value default_charset = UTF-8 ; Default character set for auto content type header
4. I tried Joomla (1.5 and 2.5) - both same problem.
5. I tried WordPress the latest version - Same problem. The ?????? appear even in the installation process when I choose an Arabic-font name for the site.
6. I changed the charset from utf8_general_ci to UTF-8 Unicode (utf8) and to cp1256 (both bin and general_ci) ... on database and tables -- with no luck.
7. Ok then, the problem seems with PHP? Let me go and add the following to php.ini once in the main file /etc/php.ini and once in a new php.ini file I created inside cgi-bin - in either way I did restart Apache, and I did rebuild Apache with PHP, and I even restarted the server! with the same problem - as if Joomla is blind and does not want to see the default language set to Neutral!
Then I commented the above and tried: mbstring.language = neutral mbstring.internal_encoding = EUC-JP mbstring.http_input = auto mbstring.http_output = SJIS mbstring.encoding_translation = mbstring.detect_order = auto mbstring.substitute_character = mbstring.func_overload = 0
With no Luck.
8. I tried very many tricks on Joomla Admin panel itself, changing language to Arabic, I added Arabic package and allll possible tricks. It is not relevant. Please help!
Many thanks in advance.
| | Sorry, you do not currently have permission to write here.