A program fault has been recorded in the log
Home arrow Forum

Remository Forum

Paul Sellis

Blank page... - 2010/06/16 10:12 Hi,

I have just installed Glossary 2.64, Glossary Definitions Plugin 1.1.16 and Glossary Search Plugin 2.6.

But I get a blank page on any page of my site now...

I use PHP Version 5.2.6. The site is on my local server actually.

What could it be?

Thank you for your help
PAul
  | | Sorry, you do not currently have permission to write here.
Paul Sellis

Re:Blank page... - 2010/06/16 13:12 ... it's a problem with Virtuemart which already has defined a function used in components/com_glossary/cmsapi.interface.php

We need to add : if( !function_exists('editorArea')) { }
Code:

if( !function_exists('editorArea')) { function editorArea($name$content$hiddenField$width$height$col$row) { jimport'joomla.html.editor' ); $editor =&ampJFactory::getEditor(); echo $editor->display($hiddenField$content$width$height$col$row); }

Post edited by: Paul Sellis, at: 2010/06/21 16:41
Paul Sellis

Re:Blank page... - 2010/06/16 15:53 Well a new problem...
I don't if it's related to the previous issue, but I get problem on some pages (not all):
Instead of getting the overlib inserted code in the 'mainbody' DIV, I get it at the very beginning of the page (before DOCTYPE tag !).

My broken pages are:
- search
- site map
- contact
- Virtuemart cart
- Virtuemart user infos

Any idea to make it work?

Post edited by: Paul Sellis, at: 2010/06/16 16:25
turminator

Re:Blank page... - 2010/06/16 17:08 Hi Paul!

Do you test with new version 2.7, now are beta (RC) but its many revised.

See you.
Paul Sellis

Re:Blank page... - 2010/06/16 17:13 I installed the RC 2.7 and these problems are gone!

But as far as I see other ones...
Plugin: Content - Glossary terms popups
- the Select ouput mode drop down menu doesn't modify the popup: I always get the Browser tooltip
- same thing for other parameters from this plugin (colors,...)

Post edited by: Paul Sellis, at: 2010/06/20 15:52
admin

Re:Blank page... - 2010/06/21 14:16 That is correct - the new version has a much simpler "tooltip" style for the popup definition. There were too many issues of JavaScript conflicts and difficulties over styling with the old method. The parameters will be removed before the final release. Martin Brampton aka Counterpoint
http://aliro.org
http://black-sheep-research.com
Paul Sellis

Re:Blank page... - 2010/06/21 14:22 Yes but we have to wait for 1 second to make appear the tip: it's long...

Why don't you use the tip used by Joomla backoffice?
admin

Re:Blank page... - 2010/06/21 14:55 Because Glossary supports more than just Joomla 1.5. And also bitter experience of Joomla core features changing without notice.

The reason for having a delay is that many people (including me) dislike sites where moving the cursor over the page causes immediate popups.

You can vary its value in ../com_glossary/nicetitle.js at line 71:

Code:

var interval 0.60;

Post edited by: admin, at: 2010/06/21 14:55
Martin Brampton aka Counterpoint
Paul Sellis

Re:Blank page... - 2010/06/21 15:26 Thanks for your help!

I tried: var interval = 0.00;
But there is still a delay. To be honnest, I don't see any difference after modifying this parameter in my browsers (Firefox and/or Safari Mac). A way to completely remove the delay?
My opinion is that if nothing appears immediately on mouseover, people click on the link… so no tip seen!

In the final release, you say that the parameters will be removed. But will there be an only 'on mouseover' interactivity?
Because I'd like to avoid linking to a Glossary page 'on click'...

Detail:
now if I click on the link, it opens the glossary page for the relevant word, but he page is wronly named 'All'.

Post edited by: Paul Sellis, at: 2010/06/21 15:53
admin

Re:Blank page... - 2010/06/21 17:23 Are you sure there's still a delay? The JavaScript file is likely to be cached by the browser, so unless you're sure the cache has been refreshed, you may still be running on the original code. I changed to 0.10 at http://j15.testremository.com and so far as I can see, the popups are more or less instantaneous.

A lot of people wanted to be able to go from the popup to the definition in the glossary. That is difficult to do with a link from the popup itself, but is possible as a link from the term in the text. I do my best to please everyone, but obviously it isn't always possible. So, yes, there will be a title based popup on mouseover and a link to the glossary from the term itself.

In future there may be an option to have a popup more like the 2.64 version that includes HTML and images, but that depends on time availability.

Where are you seeing "All"? What I see in the title bar is the term and the name of the glossary. And the URL contains the initial letter as well as the term (or its ID).
Paul Sellis

Re:Blank page... - 2010/06/21 18:05 Thank you for your patience!

Yes I still have the delay. In my Safari and Firefox cache is not enabled...

But there should be something else because :
- I just can't modify the aspect of the tip (I get always the classical yellow browser tip)
- your demo link works very well for me (quite no delay, customization of the tip, no problem in the Glossary page...)

I tried to reinstall the component, but it didn't solve my problems.

Do I have to delete some tables in database? Or something else to make a clean install?

Post edited by: Paul Sellis, at: 2010/06/21 18:06
admin

Re:Blank page... - 2010/06/22 10:10 Are you getting a script link to nicetitle.js and a css link to nicetitle.css in the head element of your HTML source? It is those that should produce the intended styling. It sounds as if you are seeing default browser behaviour on title attributes, including the delay. Martin Brampton aka Counterpoint
Paul Sellis

Re:Blank page... - 2010/06/22 11:32 Yes Got it!

nicetitle.js and nicetitle.css where not loaded, because of extras "/" in components/com_glossary/plugin-classes/glossary_plugin_content.php
I corrected it on 2 lines and it works now!

(previoulsly I tried to comment this line:
if ('/' != substr($livesite,-1)) $livesite .= '/';
but it didn't work...)

Well another question

My new problem is that every 'title' in the page is transformed in 'nicetitle' and behave like a Glossary term...
It means that I get the same tip on mouseover.
I even get a double tip on images (browser one + Glossary one) AND it breaks my Slimbox popup on click...
A way to limit Glossary behaviour on Glossary terms?

Post edited by: Paul Sellis, at: 2010/06/25 09:42
admin

Re:Blank page... - 2010/06/22 16:51 I don't know why the slash should be a problem. The link to the js and css needs a starting slash in order to refer to the root of the site - without it, the reference would be relative to the current page. And so far as I know, the base element href should be terminated with a slash. On my test site there is no problem with this configuration.

Yes, installing Glossary means that pages that contain material that is processed by the content plugin will have "nicetitles" for all titles.

It's difficult to know what is best - it seems impossible to make everyone happy! The aim is to stick closely to web standards, using an established attribute - in this case title. Working this way, if JavaScript is not used, the mechanism degrades well. It is probably usable in more browsers than just relying on the browser handling of the title attribute.

If someone has a better solution, I'll certainly consider it. You have to bear in mind that a content plugin knows very little about the context in which it is working.
Paul Sellis

Re:Blank page... - 2010/06/22 17:45 admin wrote:
Yes, installing Glossary means that pages that contain material that is processed by the content plugin will have "nicetitles" for all titles.Oops...

It couldn't be like that:
- too invasive
- breaks all beautiful pop up boxes very much used to see larger images
- with script on images I am getting 2 tips (glossary + browser ones)

Sure 'nicetitle' must be used only for glossary terms titles, not for every 'title' in a page.

Post edited by: Paul Sellis, at: 2010/06/25 09:46
Paul Sellis

Re:Blank page... - 2010/06/25 18:20 admin wrote:
I don't know why the slash should be a problem. The link to the js and css needs a starting slash in order to refer to the root of the site - without it, the reference would be relative to the current page. And so far as I know, the base element href should be terminated with a slash. On my test site there is no problem with this configuration.I have this / problem on my local and online sites...
Do I have to take care of some other files that should reproduce the same problem?
Paul Sellis

Re:Blank page... - 2010/06/26 10:47 admin wrote:
Yes, installing Glossary means that pages that contain material that is processed by the content plugin will have "nicetitles" for all titles.That's the easy part to solve.
In 'nicetitle.js' change: if (lnk.title)
by: if (lnk.title && lnk.className=="glossarylink")
And now only Glossary links will be modified by nicetitle script

But here is a hard part:
my Slimbox code (used by Mavik Thumbnails and other Joomla extensions for beautiful pop ups on images) doesn't work anymore when nicetitle.js is loaded.

Well to precise a little: depending of the moment (place) where the nicetitle.js is loaded in the header
- or the pop up works but not the glossary nicetitle
- or the pop up doesn't work but the glossary nicetitle does

Could it be a "domready" problem?
Any idea to solve that?
Paul Sellis

Re:Blank page... - 2010/06/26 18:53 Duplicated post deleted

Post edited by: Paul Sellis, at: 2010/06/26 21:51
Paul Sellis

Re:Blank page... - 2010/06/26 18:55 Duplicated post deleted

Post edited by: Paul Sellis, at: 2010/06/26 18:57
Paul Sellis

Re:Blank page... - 2010/06/26 18:56 Hum... just about to get rid of the 2003 nicetitle code and use the Joomla tooltip code that is more easily compatible...
http://docs.joomla.org/Tutorial:How_to_add_tooltips_to_your_Joomla!_website

In /components/com_glossary/plugin-classes/glossary_plugin_content.php
1° NICE_STUFF not using nicetitle stuff, but PHP Joomla code:
//$this->interface->addCustomHeadTag($nicestuff);
// self::$setnice = true;
JHTML::_('behavior.tooltip');

2° ONE_LINKs based this way:
<span class="editlinktip hasTip" title="$desc"></span>
<a href="$ref">$termasfound</a>

3° CSS
.tool-tip {
float: left;
background: #ffc;
border: 1px solid #D4D5AA;
padding: 5px;
max-width: 200px;
z-index: 50;
}

That's all...
and my Slimbox works again!

Login

Real Time Web Analytics